Residency transfer after 3 years without the sponsor’s consent

The Public Manpower Authority yesterday issued a new decision allowing expatriate laborers to transfer their residencies to other employers without the prior approval of their employers after three years of employment, local daily reported.

This means that expatriates will be able to change their employers after serving for three years without the need to have their approval.

Until now, transfer of residence permits is linked with the approval of current employers or after proving unfair treatment and non-payment of salary to the Authority.

The three-year decision appears to be the first step towards easing the controls of the kafeel system which Gulf states have pledged to abolish to international human rights organizations.


जवाफ लेख्नुहोस्

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  बदल्नुहोस )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  बदल्नुहोस )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  बदल्नुहोस )

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.